Job Type Available:
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
Full Job Description
- Do you enjoy helping to solve problems?
- Does a child’s smile bring you joy?
- Is it meaningful for you to make a difference in the lives of children?
- Do you like to work with a close-knit team?
- Do you value personal and professional growth?
- Are you interested in a job where you are paid to have fun?
- Are you interested in an organization that supports a strong work/life balance?
- Do you want to earn up to $15 an hour? (Starting rate $12 with potential for higher hourly salary post-90-day evaluation).
- Are you someone who values five weeks of paid time off? The ability to be home with your family for the Holidays? (Accrued PTO/Select Holidays).
If you answered yes to all these questions, then we have a great opportunity for you. Come join the team at Lodestone Academy as a Learning Specialist.
The Learning Specialist will:
- Arrive punctually to work on time each day
- Work with students as assigned by teachers/clinical team
- Collect ongoing data for target behaviors of students
- Complete daily notes
- Teach portions of lessons created by ESE Teacher
- Implement behavioral intervention plans as designed by the clinical team
- Provide feedback for team members in a professional manner
- Interact with parents and other stakeholders in a professional manner
- Work with Lodestone Academy team members to solve any problems that arise
- Complete any tasks that are assigned by the ESE teacher/clinical team
The Learning Specialist will meet these minimum qualifications:
- High School diploma and experience of at least 1 year working with kids/adolescents diagnosed with a developmental disability (will consider candidates with less experience)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can work with multiple students at the same time
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with use of Microsoft Office
- Shared values of Lodestone Academy
We are Lodestone Academy, and here are a few points that make us a great choice for personal and career growth:
- Founded in 2013
- Approach education and social instruction through the science of Behavior Analysis
- Educate students who are contracted through local school districts
- Help all our students find success toward educational goals
- Help all our students find success toward social goals
- Provide a setting where all our students can show how successful they can be
- Provide a setting where all our staff can show how successful they can be
- Value continued learning of all our students
- Value continued learning of all our team members
- Promote the professional growth of all our team members
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds or more
- Able to pass a Level 2 background check
- Proficient with simple computer functions
- Reliable transportation
- Experience with individuals with developmental disabilities preferred
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis preferred
We are excited for you to begin the next journey of your career with us!
Paid Time Off
Monday to Friday
Typical Start Time: 7:00 AM EST
Typical End Time: 3:00 PM EST
High school or equivalent (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High-stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with a strong performance culture
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who does not have a college diploma
A waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
Email your Resume to :
Lodestone Academy welcomes any individuals who wish to donate their time to help our students. This experience is directed at helping those with developmental disabilities. In addition, Lodestone Academy also welcomes individuals who are in the process of pursuing intensive practicum, practicum, and supervised independent fieldwork towards BCBA or BCaBA certification. Volunteers seeking board certification must work a minimum of 10 hours but not exceeding 30 hours in a week.
- Must be able to pass a Level-2 background check
Please contact us at email@example.com